Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Pottstown!
We are a liberal faith community located in North Coventry Township of Chester County, just south of Pottstown, PA and are a member congregation of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations. Our congregation was chartered in 1967 and our building was built by the founders themselves in the 1980s.
Guided by our faith in the worth and dignity of all persons, UUFP provides a spiritual home for people from a variety of religious traditions, racial and cultural backgrounds, life experiences, and identities. We welcome visitors to join us at our Sunday Morning Services which are held from 10:30 until 11:30 a.m. Children and youth are welcome to attend service or participate in Sunday school or the nursery which is offered during our service hour. Join us for coffee and conversation after the service. We gather to nurture spirituality and community, working for more justice and more love in our own lives and in the world. Join us!
Unitarian Universalism has its roots in Judeo-Christian traditions but also has grown and changed to reflect humanist teachings of the world’s religions. We are Unitarian Universalist and Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Humanist, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, Theist, Agnostic, and more. We are brave, curious, and compassionate thinkers and doers. We are diverse in faith, ethnicity, history and spirituality, but aligned in our desire to make a difference for the good. We have a track record of standing on the side of love, justice, and peace. Unitarian Universalists do not have a creed but we are inspired by and covenant together to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations.
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
- The right of conscience and the use of democratic process within our congregations and in society at large.
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
We welcome you: your whole self, with all your truths and your doubts, your worries and your hopes. Join us on this extraordinary adventure of faith.